LATEST POSTS

July 26, 2009

Lee Safar Reveals EXCLUSIVE Details On Second Song Considered For 'New Moon' Soundtrack


Last week we told you Lee Safar's ethereal tune "I'm Here" was being considered for the "New Moon" soundtrack. (Listen to the song on Lee's MySpace page). Well, now the Aussie artist has revealed exclusively to MTV that she has not one, but two songs (!!) in contention for a coveted spot on the album. We spoke with Lee about her second track, "Take Me Away," how she got involved with the "Twilight" franchise and whether she's prepared for all the attention she'll no doubt receive if either song lands on the album. Check out our full interview...

HOLLYWOOD CRUSH: How did you get involved with "New Moon"? Did they approach you, or did you approach them?

LEE SAFAR: How I came to find "Twilight" is a beautiful memory for me. Stu Henshall, a recent PR grad, and I had a chance meeting in London early this year. I gave him a copy of my debut EP "Who I've Become" to listen to. He went into his room and woke up the next morning, after having listened to my CD obsessively all night, he said, "I'm going to take you to see something today. Have you seen 'Twilight'?" I told him that I hadn't even heard of it but was intrigued. We went that day and saw the movie and I was immediately obsessed.

The next day, Stu got in contact Emma Clark a very popular "Twilight" vlogger in the UK and told her about [me]. Stu was working very hard at getting the world out to the Twifans about my music. We posted a vlog telling everyone that we were really excited about having a chance at maybe getting on the soundtrack. Emma Clark saw the blog and posted it to her channel. In 24 hours it had about 4,000 hits. Stu started asking Twifans which song of mine they thought would fit "New Moon" the best. I had "I'm Here" in mind and it turns out that they did, too.

A few weeks later I headed to L.A. and met my now-L.A.-attorney, Michael Golland. While he has been working very hard to make this happen I owe so much to my fellow Twifans for their support.

HC: We already know a bit about "I'm Here," but what can you tell us about the second song under consideration?

You are the first outside of my immediate team to know about the new song "Take Me Away." On Twitter I told everyone that I had a secret. Within a few minutes I got a Tweet back from Stu asking what the secret was. That's how secret this has been. Not even my publicist in the UK knew about it. This song has only been heard by a very select few as it is due for release on my next EP later this year. It's a very dark, powerful rock song, but in a different way to "I'm Here."

HC: How do you think these songs will fit into "New Moon"? Can you envision them in specific scenes?

There are two versions of "I'm Here." The original full-band version is from the EP Who I've Become, which I think would be perfect for the scene when Bella is running towards Edward and pushes him out of the sun in Italy. There is also a newly recorded studio piano acoustic version of the song. This is a more emotionally haunting version of "I'm Here." It's up on my MySpace page and iTunes with the rest of my released songs for those who want to hear it .

The new song for consideration "Take Me Away" is more one that focuses on Jacob. It very much explores the pain that Jake feels from loving Bella while having to stand by and watch her pain and not be able to love her the way he want to love her ... but he won't let go! This song is not yet available on iTunes, but there might be a teaser going up on MySpace if enough people want to hear it!

HC: Are you a fan of the series? Which is your favorite book?

I am a massive fan. I've read the series twice and would go for a third if my schedule allowed it. My favorite book is "Breaking Dawn."

Are you prepared for all the attention that you'll no doubt receive if your songs are picked up for the soundtrack?

Can anyone really ever be ready for that kind of attention? But, bring it on I say. This will be an opportunity for me to connect one on one with people who inspire me and who I hope I inspire — my fans. I wrote my first song five years ago and to be experiencing all this this soon is an incredible blessing.

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment